home hornady redding dillon lee rcbs ar15

Print your own ammo box labels (PDFs included!)

If you have a touch of O.C.D. like I do, you like to keep a clean shop, but your notes in well-organized binders, and you also feel compelled to have neat-and-tidy ammo box labels for your hand-loaded ammo.

The tiny labels that come with jacketed bullets (in the box of bullets) are OK if you can write in 4 point sized letters, but for the rest of us, more space is needed. I decided to create labels on my PC using Avery 2″ x 4″ sticky back labels (I have some Avery 8163 labels, many more options in this size are available).

After a few variants, I have settled on the following format:

Image Copyright 2010 Ultimate Reloader

Image Copyright 2010 Ultimate Reloader

So far, these are working well for me. If you want to print your own, I’ve included a ZIP file attachment with PDF files for the following:

1. Generic (caliber not on label)
  2. 38 Special
  3. 357 Magnum
  4. 44 Magnum
  5. 9mm Luger
  6. 45 ACP
  7. 40 S&W
  8. .226 / 5.56
  9. 308 Winchester
  10. 30-06
  11. 22-250

Have fun! Have suggestions for changes? Please comment on this post!

Here’s the updated download with .223/5.56 and 38 Super:

Ammo_Box_Labels_2

Thanks for visiting my reloading blog!

Tags: , ,

36 Responses to “Print your own ammo box labels (PDFs included!)”

1. Ken Gray says:

Thank you for saving my eyesight. The time and effort that you spend helping other handloaders is invaluable and much appreciated.

2. Jeff Babcock says:

Thanks for posting this. These are great.
    Could you do one for .223 Remington?

thanks again!

3. Dan says:

Truly appreciate all of the effort. Excellent stuff here.

4. Floyd Stocker says:

UL, I sure would like a label for 38 Super.

Thanks so very much.

Floyd

5. Matthew says:

Gavin, it seems the .223 / 5.56 label didn’t make it to the PDF.

I’ve been using the MTM labels for some time. They aren’t easy to remove at all, often leaving pieces of the label on whatever they were affixed to. Do these labels leave any sticky residue after removal? If not, these seem like a much better and cheaper alternative.

6. Gavin says:

OK guys, added .223 / 5.56 (was left out by accident) and also added 38 Super.

Have fun!

7. Ray says:

Nicely made labels.

Could you change the PDF where we could type in the fields on the label?
    My hand writing is terrible.

Thanks

8. SteveO says:

Can you add a couple more labels for 12 and 20ga shot shells?

9. james says:

These are great!

I’d like to share with you a variation I made – based on the “generic” label file. This is one allows the user to type in every field. (Note: Due to the design of PDF files, you cannot save what you type unless you own a full copy of the Acrobat “creator” program… but with the free Reader you can enter the data and send your labels to the printer, so they will print correctly.)

Can I upload this to share it with you (and if you like it, to add it to your site)? Let me know how, if you wish.

James

10. james says:

You got it!

I can’t seem to find a link for contacting you onsite. Am I missing it? My email is entered in leaving a reply, can you shoot me a note that way?

Thanks, Gavin!

James

11. Doug Williams says:

Hi Gavin,

Just found your site, looks very informative, keep it up!. I have an invention for Dillon 550B and 650 presses that allows you to switch instantly from 38 spec to 357 mag OR from 44 spec to 44 mag without a second toolhead. I sold via ebay and shipped one to a Gavin in the last few months and I’m wondering if it was you. If not I would be pleased to send you one in exchange for a review on your site. Search ebay or gunbroker.com for Dillon Adjustable or go here to see how it works:

Please email direct for more info to dougwilliams@embarqmail.com

Thanks

Doug Williams

12. Shannon says:

Do you have an editable feilds version ?

Thanks Gavin

13. John says:

This is wonderful stuff! I really appreciate it.

If you should do some edits in the future, please consider adding 270 Winchester and 380 ACP to the list of labels, it would be a great help to me. Thanks again for making these available!

14. Roger says:

If you use the program Nitro Reader. (The new version is Nitro Reader 2, I just updated mine.) It will read pdf files and you can type on the page and fill in the boxes. This way you don’t have to write the information in and it is free. I use it all the time instead of adobe reader. Thanks for creating the labels.

15. Phil says:

Awesome label!!! I have many different calibers wish I had the program you have. Thanks for the goods

16. Patrick says:

GREAT labels!!! I’ve been trying to inport them to DYMO LabelWriter, but have failed misserably. Guess I’ll just run out and buy some Avery 8163 blanks instead.

Thanks for your work!! EXCELLENT!!

17. Craig says:

Awesome labels! As with previous posts, do you have any other labels already made up? I have 4 other calibers and cannot (probably don’t have the correct programs) modify what you already have created. Any suggestions? Or do you have 380ACP, 45 Colt, 7mm-08 Rem, or 30-30 Win? Thanks again for creating these timesavers.

18. David says:

Is there a template for the rcbs reloading die boxes I replaced a few over time plus the ones i do have the stickers are old would like to redo all and have a clean look I found avery 1 x 3 to be a close match just cant find a template anywhere.

19. Las Vegas Bill says:

Thank you so very much. I am geting older the eye sight is not as good, and I need this for my reloading.
    Avery is not much help. I can’t wait to start using these lables.

Just a note if you put the sticky lable on your shirt then pull it off, then put on your ammo box’s the lable will come off without a hitch. Some lint will stick on and make removeal easy.

20. Bob says:

Thanks for the great labels. Would it be possible to add .380 acp labels? Ultimate Reloaders has helped me greatly. Looking forward to more great ideas and information.

Thanks,

21. skeeter says:

Thanks for the label file they look great. Thank You

22. perry says:

Sure like to have 10 mm ammo labels Thank You

23. Ben says:

I’m looking for templates that will print out various caliber boxes for storage of bulk ammo.

24. Kevin says:

Exactly what I was looking for…first link my search engine returned…gotta love it. Thanks for sharing.

25. Ron says:

Thanks for these labels I never thought of printing my own, I my include them when people buy brass from me.

26. Jerry says:

Thanks, great labels, I was looking for labels when I found your site. These are far better.

27. Spot says:

Thanks so much, really appreciate you posting these.

28. Barry says:

Having trouble printing them using Avery 8163 labels in Word. How do myou import the PDF file?

29. Steve C says:

Love your labels… think you could come up with 357 sig labels?

30. Rob says:

I am using AVERY J8163 labels also and finding that they print outside of the label parameters.

Any suggestions please?

I’ve tried using Avery templates based on J8163, but these are also printing out of alignment.

many thanks!