In this article, we’ll take a look at the Lyman AccuSight handgun sight alignment tool from Lyman. If you want precise control over sight adjustment, read on!
About the Lyman Accusight
From the Lyman product page:
Lyman’s new AccuSight Pistol Sight Tool sets the standard by which all others will be judged! Proudly made right here in our Middletown CT plant, the AccuSight tool is CNC machined from billet aluminum. It can adjust, install or remove front or rear dovetail pistol sights, and has a machined pocket for 1911 slides. The AccuSight features 4 horizontal and 1 vertical slide clamps, full range height adjustment, and 1/32” increment windage adjustment scale on the sight pusher. The large sight pusher handle provides plenty of torque to move even the most stubborn sights. The AccuSight Pistol Sight Tool is a must for gunsmiths, competition shooters, or anyone who wants to properly work on pistol sights.
- Adjusts, install or remove dovetail pistol sights
- CNC machined aluminum body
- 4 horizontal and 1 vertical slide clamps
- 1/32” increment adjustment scale
- Large sight pusher handle allows moving stubborn sights
- Works with most pistols with front or rear dovetailed sights
From that product page, overview of features: (click/tap to enlarge)
Using the Accusight
Lyman has great instructions that you can download here for the AccuSight. I read the instructions in preparation for adjusting the rear sight on my Glock 21 45 ACP pistol, and then went to work! Here’s a summary of what I did:
- Make sure pistol is unloaded
- Remove slide
- Run horizontal clamp screws open
- Remove top clamp from AccuSight
Then I performed the following:
- Insert slide into AccuSight
- Hold against one side of opening (horizontal clamp pads)
- Run opposite horizontal clamps against slide (just touching)
- Adjust center top screw to raise/lower sight pusher to optimal height
- Adjust slide in AccuSight (fore-aft) to center sight in sight pusher
- Install key and pull sight according to adjustment needed
That’s all there is to it! If you need to remove a sight, just keep cranking until it falls out! Installing a sight is just the reverse of removing the sight (start sight into dovetail by hand first).
Get it at Midsouth Shooters Supply
If you’re interested in the Lyman AccuSight, you can get it at Midsouth:
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!