Hornady Lock-N-Load Iron
All pictures, data, and content copyright 2019 Ultimate Reloader. Please ask permission before using.
The Hornady Lock-N-Load Iron is a massive USA-made cast iron press with a unique design and features. At double the weight of the Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic, it’s a mammoth. With an ambidextrous handle, integrated lock-n-load bushing system, storage racks, and fully-automatic on-press priming, it’s packed with features.
Specs and Summary
Performance and Precision Summary
Sizing Force Graph
- Massive cast iron frame
- Access to cartridge being loaded (open-front pyramid frame)
- Lock-N-Load bushing system
- Storage options (die rack, bin rack, case prep tools)
- Ambidextrous handle
- Fully-automatic on-press priming
- Cost (above average)
- Heavy cam over action may be turn-off for some people
- Smallest usable capacity tested