I have a LOT of powder measures and powder tricklers, but this is totally different: it’s the Hornady Vibratory Trickler! In this video/article I’ll show you this unique trickling system in-depth!
What’s In the Box
The Hornady Vibratory Trickler comes with the following:
- Base unit
- Trickler assembly
- Instruction sheet
Before using the Hornady Vibratory Trickler, you’ll need to install two AAA batteries (not included).
From the Hornady Product Page:
Save time and improve reloading accuracy and efficiency with the Vibratory Trickler. High, low and variable settings trickle all forms of powder. Modular design allows user to position Trickler body where needed and makes cleanup quick and easy.
- Save time and improve reloading accuracy and efficiency.
- Ideal for getting loads exactly the same every time.
- High, low and variable settings trickle all forms of powder.
- Modular design allows user to position Trickler body where needed.
- Backlit LED buttons.
- Quick and easy cleanup.
- Powered by two AAA batteries (not included).
The Hornady Vibratory Trickler has some unique features I’ll cover here!
In the above picture we have:
- Motor and housing
- Tube (clear, you can see the powder)
- Controls/display: high, low, variable, up and down buttons, variable speed setting display
- Weighted base
Trickling with the Hornady Vibratory Trickler
Trickling with the Hornady Vibratory Trickler is accomplished as follows: (after batteries are installed)
- Load hopper/reservoir with powder
- Press “high” button until tube fills up
- Dispense a charge with a powder measure, put pan on scale
- Press “High” or “Variable” buttons until charge weight is close to desired value (flow rate will depend on powder used)
- Press “Low” button until desired charge weight is achieved (short presses are effective here)
In just a few tries, I was able to get a “feel” for this trickler, and with some more practice/use (and perhaps variable speed adjustments) this trickler will do a quick and effective job trickling. I was able to achieve charges within about 0.02 grains of the target weight, and I call that GREAT!
Get it at Midsouth Shooters Supply
Interested in the Hornady Vibratory Trickler? You’ll find it HERE at Midsouth Shooters Supply!
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!