Recently, during a visit with Frankford Arsenal engineer Mike Lindsay, I had the opportunity to get a quick update on the X-10 press from Frankford Arsenal. Here I’ll share the latest on the launch of this new reloading press!
As we speak, Frankford Arsenal is preparing to roll out a limited number of machines to select individuals for testing prior to broad public availability. Sorry, this program is now closed, so if you are not already on the list, you’ll have to wait for the general public availability!
The goal of this program is to get feedback from these pilot program participants to ensure the highest level of quality for the launch. I guess you could say I’ve been a part of this program, and have worked directly with Frankford Arsenal to provide testing feedback, and have had multiple parts/components updates in the months leading up to the pilot program. So far I’ve loaded 223 Remington, 9mm, and 308 Winchester. I’m looking forward to seeing what you all think of this machine!
Public availability is currently planned for some time during the Summer of 2022, and you can bet that when I have more information I will share it with all of you! Stay tuned.
X-10 Design Features Discussion with Mike Lindsay
When I asked Mike about some of his favorite X-10 features, here’s what we discussed:
- Dual decapping stations: Decapping failures were a source of trouble for Mike with other progressive machines, so he designed the machine with dual decapping stations: you can run a dedicated decapper in one station, and a sizer/de-primer in the second station. Decapping is all but guaranteed at that point!
- 10 stations: Provides the user of the machine maximum flexibility while loading (especially for setup!)
- Rotary priming system – safe and reliable with two witness holes, one for the staged primer (just before priming), and one to validate primer was primed (should be empty) after priming
- Powder measure: physical reset rod ensures measure won’t stick in “up” position!
- Integrated light and sensor ports: built right into the toolhead
X-10 In Action
Here’s my latest story covering the X-10 hands on: loading 9mm parabellum:
Find out more at Frankford Arsenal
You can find out the latest on the Frankford Arsenal X-10 product page:
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!