My near-production-model Frankford Arsenal X-10 10-station progressive reloading press has arrived at the Ultimate Reloader shop! In this story, I’ll give you a preview of what the final shipping model will look like, do a quick 9mm loading demo, and disclose plans for the X-10 here at Ultimate Reloader.
Ultimate Reloader LLC / Making with Metal Disclaimer: (by reading this article and/or watching video content you accept these terms)
- The content on this website (including videos, articles, ammunition reloading data, technical articles, gunsmithing and other information) is for demonstration purposes only.
- Do not attempt any of the processes or procedures shown or described on this website.
- All gunsmithing procedures should be carried out by a qualified and licensed gunsmith at their own risk.
- Do not attempt to repair or modify any firearms based on information on this website
- Ultimate Reloader, LLC and Making With Metal can not be held liable for property or personal damage due to viewers/readers of this website performing activities, procedures, techniques, or practices described in whole or part on this website.
- By accepting these terms, you agree that you alone are solely responsible for your own safety and property as it pertains to activities, procedures, techniques, or practices described in whole or part on this website.
The first X-10 Preview at Frankford Arsenal Headquarters
In late 2021, I went to Frankford Arsenal to see the X-10 in person, and to get hands on with it!Note: In the video, we were demonstrating a pre-production press that did not have all of the final parts. We were therefore not running the press at full speed.
9mm Loading on Near-Production X-10
As mentioned in the video, I was able to setup the machine in about an hour without reading the instructions. Here’s how I setup the dies:
This time things went more smoothly, and I was able to run the press faster. The case feeder is REALLY quiet, and didn’t skip a beat. I can’t wait for the final version!
Don’t worry, I’ll be posted a complete unboxing, setup, overview video when I get one of these presses in final packaging! The ETA us summer 2022.
The Progressive Press Shootout is Coming!
Now that we have the X-10 in the shop, we’re able to complete filming (still underway, lots to do) featuring the presses outlined below.
Presses Included in Shootout
- Dillon RL1100
- Dillon RL-550C
- Dillon XL-750
- Frankford Arsenal X-10 (filmed)
- Hornady Lock-N-Load AP
- LEE Loadmaster
- LEE Pro 1000
- LEE Pro 4000 (Auto Breech Lock Pro)
- Mark 7 Apex 10
- RCBS Pro Chucker 5 (filmed)
- RCBS Pro Chucker 7 (filmed)
Stay tuned for more updates! My biggest project yet for sure. We also have a bunch more X-10 content in the works- more on that in the coming months!
Find out more at Frankford Arsenal
You can find out the latest on the Frankford Arsenal X-10 product page:
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!