If you’re looking for a top-quality USA-made support system for your spotting scope, the Creedmoor Sports Polecat system is definitely worth a look. And that’s what we’ll do in this article! I’ll show you the new Polecat V2 system, and some of the accessories you can use with it.
The Polecat V2 system comes with the following: (see note about what’s not included)
- Adjustable head (spotting scope mounts to head)
- 1″ pole (also available in 3/4″) with knurled cap (removeable)
- Bump stop (protects spotting scope from accidental knock if dropped with clamp loose)
- Base with three fold-out legs
- Adjustment for uneven ground (one leg can be adjusted downward, faced in downhill direction)
- [not included] Optional carry case
*Note that you can also purchase additional 1″ rods to extend the height of the Polecat as shown in the video
From the Creedmoor Sports product page:
Complete 1″ Polecat V2 Scope Stand
The spotting scope stand for serious shooters. Whether you’re shooting prone indoors or fighting the wind outdoors on uneven ground, you’ll find the Polecat V2 performs great with scopes of nearly every shape and size. Natural Point of Aim (NPA) is a critical key to success in shooting sports. The Polecat V2 allows you to maintain a consistent NPA by offsetting the scope from the stand to prevent major body shifts when looking through the scope, all while keeping the tripod base out of your way. It’s extremely easy to manipulate when finding your target through the scope, but also stays aligned when tightened.
The Polecat V2 Scope Stand is our updated version of our best selling spotting scope stand. We’ve been collecting feedback from shooters across many disciplines for several years. We’ve drawn a lot of designs and made dozens of prototypes for testing on the range.
- No pretension adjustments needed. Horizontal and vertical resistance is controlled by the knurled tightening knob. This also means the performance is not impacted by climate.
- A pre-aligned Delrin clamp means you don’t have to spin the clamp to align with the rods during stand assembly.
- It looks really cool!
- Made in the USA with American material
- All parts are machined from solid aluminum, Delrin, and stainless steel for the highest possible quality and durability
- Leveling setscrew to adjust one leg on uneven ground
- Zero play (slop), giving you the ability to quickly and easily make adjustments
- One-handed operation/adjustment
- 1/4″-20 standard spotting scope thread
- For use by left or right-handed shooters
- The scope may be positioned above or below the scope head
- Approximately 5″ standoff from the center of stand to center of the scope
- Includes stop collar and to keep the scope from inadvertently slamming into the ground
- Includes head, stop collar, one extension rod, and base.
- Rods are constructed from aluminum
*Scope not included
Using the Polecat V2
The Polecat’s primary usage scenario is for prone shooting: for shooting disciplines such as F-Class shooting, you’ll be able to shoot and spot easily transitioning from the rifle’s scope to the spotting scope and vice-versa. While I’m showing a straight spotting scope in the picture above (and in the video), this kind of setup works even better with a 45° angled spotting scope.
You’ll see shooters with their spotting scope setup on either side of the rifle: the important thing is to get the spotting scope setup in a position that’s comfortable to transition to, optimally with just the turn of your head (again, a 45° angled spotting scope will make this easier).
I also tried out the Polecat V2 with two extension rods, and was able to stand behind the spotting scope- this works great with a straight spotting scope:
Look for this Polecat V2 system in upcoming shooting stories here on Ultimate Reloader!
Get Your Own Polecat V2
To get your own Polecat V2, click on the image below:
Athlon Ares 15-45x65mm Spotting Scope
The Athlon Ares spotting scope shown in this article, is available both in straight configuration (better for standing behind scope):
And is also available in angled (better for prone shooting with self-spotting):
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!
2 thoughts on “Creedmoor Polecat V2: Solid Spotting Scope Stand (Made in USA)”
Gavin, I’m having difficulty finding a supplier for 25 lbs 00 buckshot. In your vast array of contacts, would you please suggest someone.
Excellent product video on the spotting scope stand. I’ve seen similar ones in other videos and/or in reloading catalogs like those from Hornady or RCBS. Much better than a regular camera tripod for sure, especially for shooting in the prone position.
Where can on get this spotting scope stand in Canada, especially in Nova Scotia, Canada?
Keep up your great videos.