Long-range rifle shooting has become a LOT more popular over the last five years or so, and the industry has taken notice! Now you can buy a 1/2 MOA rifle suitable for long-range shooting starting at about $1000.00 or even less. There are also a lot more great resources for long range shooting, including the new Long Range Precision Rifle Reloading Handbook from Lyman! Let’s take a look inside…
Here are some things I really like about this book:
- It’s packed with great information that’s categorized well.
- There are some great featured articles in the book, like “The history of 6.5 Creedmoor and 6mm Creedmoor” by Dave Emary.
- There’s information about the background and applications for popular long-range rifle cartridges.
- There’s load data that even breaks down large rifle and small rifle primer data. Example: 6.5 Creedmoor which is available in both primer sizes.
- It’s very affordable, Midsouth Shooters Supply has it for under $12.00 right now!
From the Midsouth Shooters Supply product page:
Midsouth now offers the Long Range Precision Rifle Reloading Handbook. With the rise in precision long range shooting interest, Lyman has produced the Long Range Precision Rifle Reloading Handbook. This tome delves into the reloading aspect of the sport to ensure that you can get the most out of your long range firearms. Lyman provides specific data for the following calibers: 223 Rem., 6mm Dasher, 6×47 Lapua, 6XC, 6mm Creedmoor, 243 Win., 6.5×47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Rem., 6.5-284 Norma, 308 Win, 300 Win Mag, 300 Norma Mag and 338 Lapua. Along with load data for those cartridges, Lyman provides Berger, Lapua, Sierra and Hornady bullet data. There are articles from expert marksmen and industry insiders.
Specifications and Features:
- Wide Variety of Cartridges
- Bullet Data
- Articles from Experts and Shooting Industry Professionals
- Full Color
I read the entire book, and am having my friend Eric do the same thing (he has a copy). Now we can discuss, and apply some of our learnings when we shoot together. If you want to learn more about long-range shooting, and/or just have great reference data and load data, I would pick up a copy!
Do you have this book? Please leave a comment to tell us what you think!
Don’t miss out on Ultimate Reloader updates, make sure you’re subscribed!