This ergonomic lever and roller handle allows you to load more comfortably and efficiently on your Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive reloading press. This lever and handle are a handsome upgrade for your Hornady progressive press! The roller handle is more comfortable on the hands when loading a lot of ammunition, and the unique bent lever shaft provides a more natural loading position. The bend in the lever shaft makes it possible to lower the lever to the bottom of the stroke (ram all the way up) without the need to lean forward or to the side. In the down position, the roller handle is approximately 7” higher than the ball would be on the factory lever.
(Actual model now in black finish rather than red)
Product Discontinued: Sorry Everyone!
What’s included with this kit:
This custom lever and roller handle installs in minutes, and does not require modification of the reloading press in any way. The chrome plated handle revolves while you load, so there’s no movement or rubbing between your hand and the handle.
This lever and revolving handle kit comes with the following:
- Ergonomic bent lever arm
- Chrome plated revolving handle
- Split washer
**Note that the above list of items is all that is included in this listing. The press pedestal, bullet tray, press and other accessories are not included
You use the nut that came with your press to complete the installation.
Raise the ram on the press half way, support the underside of the sub-plate (the area below the shellplate on the press) if needed. The lever should be approximately horizontal
- Loosen the nut which secures the factory lever. Save this nut as it will be reused with the ergonomic roller handle lever.
- Revolve the factory lever counter clockwise until it is removed from the reloading press
- Screw the factory nut onto the threaded portion of the roller handle shaft
- Put the lock washer on the threaded portion of the roller handle shaft
- Screw the roller handle shaft into the press until you see threads coming out the other side (See photo below)
- Unblock the subplate and lower the ram
- Tighten the factory nut down until it is a bit more than finger tight
- Rotate the roller handle assembly until it is oriented as desired
- Tighten down the factory nut until the lock washer is flattened (See photo below). If the lever rotates while loading, tighten some more. Be careful not to over-tighten as this could damage the press