I have recently gotten a good quantity of questions related to the Lee Loadmaster press, and it dawned on me that I haven’t blogged about the Loadmaster in a while. So I thought I would open up the floor to let you all talk about what you like and don’t like about the Lee Loadmaster, and to share your own experiences.
Here are some questions for all you Loadmaster users:
- What cartridges do you load with your Loadmaster?
- Do you use the case feeder? If so, with what cartridges?
- What is your die setup of choice?
- Do you prime on the press, or off the press?
I’ll share my answers:
- I load 9mm, 45ACP, .223, and 38/357 on my Loadmaster. I do find that small primers feed a bit better on my Loadmaster compared with large primers.
- I do use the case feeder occasionally, but I also use the press without it due to the non-continuous nature and additional setup
- I like to run dedicated decapper in station 1, sizer without decapper in #2, expand/charge in #3, seat in #4, and crimp in #5 (this is my pistol setup)
- I do prime on the press. (See note on primer feed on answer #1)
OK, the floor is open, please share your answers and other thoughts you have about the Loadmaster! If you want to explore Lee Loadmaster content here on Ultimate Reloader, click on the “Lee” tab at the top.
Thanks for visiting my reloading blog!